Fixing a flat tire may be a simple thing for some and a complicated task for others. And, remember, not everyone had someone to teach them, either!
Here are a few tips on fixing a flat tire. We’d always recommend you learn how to do this on a tire that’s not flat first (practice, that is!)
- Be sure you park the car in as safe a place as possible and use hazard lights and flares if necessary.
- Brace your tires if possible by using material, such as a piece of wood, to put in front of and behind the other tires to prevent them from rolling when the jack is in use.
- Use your owners manual to determine where to safely place the jack and evenly and slowly jack up the car.
- Remove hubcaps and loosen the lug nuts.
- Make sure the car is up high enough for the tire to smoothly come off.
- Attach the spare and retighten the lug nuts.
- Check the lug nuts after a few miles of driving to make sure they are secure and don’t drive too fast!
Call for service if you’re in a space you don’t feel safe changing your tire.
If you get locked out, be sure to call us at 484 891 1922!